Not the award. Im not saying that I dont like the award. The award is very nice. See.
And I am honored to say that I was given this award not once, not twice, but three times. Way back in June I got one from CeeCee and then I got one from sugarcreekstuff. And just now I got one from Penny. And since I happen to be a little contrary at times, Penny's msg to me about the award, well, it just kinda made me chuckle.
This is what Penny said to me. Hey, I gave you an award http://backtobasicliving.com/blog/honest-scrap/ And don't tell me how much you hate that stuff - I just wanted to share the love. Plus I want to see what you post when you accept it ;-)
Well, Ill show her....I can say I dont like this stuff if I want to....she cant tell me what to do.
But, these are all great ladies and they were VERY nice to think of me when this award came along. And hey, I can be a team player. I mean, normally, everything is all about ME :)....but I can think outside the box every once in a while. (Just for a minute anyway) For the record tho, I dont like doing these meme things....and besides, Im boring. Like really super boring. Who the heck cares if I post 10 things about me....and really? Im not sure I can even think of things that you dont already know about me....Im an open book.
1. I have lived in Florida, Georgia, and Illinois. And wherever else my ma says I have lived.
2. My oldest child got the chicken pox when she was 4. I was scared to death that I was going to get them as well. So much so that I asked my ma if I had had them to make sure that I was in the safe zone....her answer? I dunno. I cant remember. Okay then. Thanks for that. Im guessing tho that I must have had them since right after my oldest got them my next child got them, too. I walked away totally chicken pox free....that has to mean something, right?
3. I had braces for exactly 16 mos and 4 days. I got them off last June. I was supposed to have them for 18 mos. I was happy to get them off early.
4. I do not like public swimming pools. But yet, as a child, I practically lived at one since it was right across the street from my house.
5. When I was a kid I had to have 2 caps put on my teeth. Silver ones. They were very shiny. I was in school one day and I was eating candy at my desk. (Gasp) It was a pink Now and Later. Anyway, that piece of candy was so chewy it pulled that cap right off my tooth. I raised my hand and said that I needed to go to the office. I walked down there with that cap in my hand and showed it to the secretary. I then said that I needed to call home to tell my ma that I just pulled my cap off my tooth. I did just that and before I hung up I told her that I was gonna pass out now...and I did that, too.
6. I am not an adventurous person.
7. Nor am I outgoing.
8. I do however, tend to be very honest and tell things like they are.
9. I do not know how to drive a vehicle with a manual transmission. Nor will I ever voluntarily parallel park. In fact, I dont really like backing up either. Maybe, when I grow up, I will hire a driver for myself.
10. Oh, and I have a thing for organization. I tend to like it. A lot. I am also very detail oriented. I love to have things in order. And a plan? OMG...I love those, too. I dont have a pocket protector, but I do have a pocket calendar.
So, there it is. Thank you CeeCee, sugarcreekstuff and Penny for thinking of me when you were passing on this lovely award. It means a lot to me that you read my blog and that you think it has good stuff in it.
The Weekend Dish: 7/21/2018
1 day ago