Thursday, August 9, 2007

One Local Summer

I am not sure what week we are on...I am gonna hazard a guess and say 7. Honest, I am still in the game! I promise to do better from now on.

OLS #7
Grilled Strip Steak---grass fed---80 miles

Mashed Yukon gold taters----organic----60 miles

Roasted green beans---90 miles

Sour cream cucumbers----my backyard---okay, so not the sour cream---that was 180 miles and is hormone free

Biscuit----totally not local

Milk---hormone and antibiotic free---180 miles

Now, if only I hadn't just had my braces adjusted....I might be able to enjoy my steak a little more.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yummy, I am passing me plate!

frugalmom said...

boogiemum: Come on over! The more the merrier.

Henny Penny said...

There's a butcher in LeRoy with almost all local meats. I had steaks from Paxton last week that were super. I hear the bacon is out of this world.

http://www.farmaid.org/site/c.qlI5IhNVJsE/b.2723875/apps/nl/content2.asp?content_id=%7B0CD5EDA4-0AA3-4B2B-8E18-6E14A25B49B8%7D¬oc=1

The Wettstein's organic farm outside Bloomington in Carlock is the most amazing beef I've ever had. Wonderful flavor, tender as can be.

Anonymous said...

Just wanted to let you know that today I am giving a Jurassic Park Explorer Dvd game away. I know you have some older children that might enjoy it, so I thought I would let you know :0) in case you wanted to enter your name in the drawing.