Friday, June 29, 2007

Now you see me, now you don't

We took the kids to The Taste of Champaign.

The main reason...to support this. The kids had beanies they wanted to donate and Gnightgirl is my surrogate mom. So, I had to go out and support her great new idea and love her.

This happened while we were there.

Can you see them? Look really closely. They stopped at the Army National Guard booth and got camo faces and also got to eat a meal in a bag...beef stew and trail mix. Yeah, don't think they will be asking for those meals anytime soon!

2 comments:

Lori Stewart Weidert said...

Dang, I missed them; my Thank-You note ambassadors, all in camo!

I did try that BBQ veggie burger MRE, and let me just say: for a girl that eats anything, I informed the army that it was one giant thumbs DOWN. The brownie was tolerable, though not brownie-like, and the rice pilaf was good.

They should hire me.

frugalmom said...

Gnightgirl: The make-up was easy to come off, at least. The lady there was trying every way she knew how to convince J to try the stew....he said umm...no thanks, my mom usually doesn't let us eat prepared foods...
too funny.