Saturday, February 6, 2010

Busy. And even more busy.

Snow.

And even more snow.

Its been darn cold here as of late. So, what better way to warm up than to play in a sink full of nice, warm water.

And then to put said water into all kinds of different containers...which then get named: Apple-sycamore stew and peanut butter delight, just to name a couple.

Water play quickly turned into a sponge bath. ((shudder))

I took on a task that I had been dreading...sewing the couch.

I was advised to use the fray block on the tears first, to help strengthen the edges before sewing, but also to um, help with fraying.

Then I was told to apply it a few times, drying fully in between each application, and then after the last application it was to set overnight.

I decided to add some weight to help the edges of the tears stay together (even more).

After some time, I decided that it wasnt quite enough weight....so I added the ice cream maker bowl. Anything with ice cream has to be better, right?

The next morning(okay, it was actually evening when I got to it again and I had to do it in a few settings because not only was it very difficult and hurt my finger really, really badly...Darby thought that since I was sitting on the floor that I then was available to play. So, she was bringing me all of her toys and setting them next to me and then staring at me, like, I clearly wasnt understanding...so, of course I had to take a break and play.)

This thread matches pretty well. What do you think?

Okay, done. Dont look too closely..its not very pretty. But, its functional at least.


And of course, we baked!

Oh, and we also did this.

So, now, I need to make my way through all of this.


And this.

Within the next 7 weeks.

So, I think Im gonna be even more busy.

10 comments:

Judy T said...

Wow! That was a fast sale! Congrats! Now the fun really begins.
Judy

Anonymous said...

congratulations on the sale of your house. That went really quickly. We are really going to miss you around here. Really, really miss you. Love you, Kelly

Farmer Jen said...

Congratulations! And I don't think I've ever seen such a neat freezer and pantry. Ever.

Diane said...

I'm glad you finished the couch..as S was not liking sitting somewhere else to play on computer :-) If you have me over every night this week, I can help you empty those 2 things very quickly! I'm just sayin!

Lilla said...

You sold the house already? In this economy? Wowser. Congratulations!!! Just seven weeks till your new adventure begins. Whoppeee!!!!

goatgirl said...

Yeah you sold! Washington here you come! I'm brewing up a couple of wethers for you:)

basicliving@backtobasicliving.com said...

OHMYGOSH!!! That was crazy fast!!! Congratulations. I am SO excited for you. Seven weeks sounds like the perfect amount of time to finish up what needs to be done. I'm really, really happy for you!

sugarcreekstuff said...

That sponge bath in the sink looks like so much fun, who knew!?!
I'm so proud of your couch sewing skills. The repair looks great!

Yay on the house sale!

my wv is monte. Sounds like a great llama name.

frugalmom said...

Thanks everyone!!! I am so excited for all of this to come together. SO excited. Chickens, goats, and llamas here I come....:-)

Sue M. said...

Big congrats to you Marcee!

That farm life that you've been fancyin' is coming your way! Can't wait to see the next chapter in your life. :-)