Saturday, February 13, 2010

A very pretty wake up

Im pretty sure I mentioned that we have been getting snow. Around here, its not actually the snow that causes too many problems.

But the drifting on the other hand...it can be an issue.

I have to say tho, that this is one of my favorite sights to wake up to in winter.

A hoarfrost: a deposit of needle-like ice crystals formed on the ground by direct condensation at temperatures below freezing point Also called white frost.

So, naturally, I had to go out in my jammies and snow boots to take some pictures.

It can make everything look pretty.

I think it just makes everything look so magical.

And feathery.

It leaves the grass covered in what looks like a layer of down.

Its much more dramatic looking when you dont have snow everywhere else.

My little red twigged dogwood...nearly buried in the snow.

Its one of the small things that I actually like about winter.


5 comments:

Judy T said...

The hoarfrost is so much fun. I'm glad I'm not the only one wandering around outside this morning in my jammies and snow boots with a camera!
Judy

Danni said...

Beautiful! I kinda feel like you and I are living on different continents right now, with yours being Siberia. Very pretty, but way too cold! Sorry. :-)

You said that drifting snow is a problem - how come?

Farmer Jen said...

Very beautiful and very cold. Brrr.

Diane said...

Pretty pic's Marc..pretty soon that will all be just a memory :-)

Zitrone said...

Wow! I'd like to go for a walk in that beautiful snow.
Hmm - my daffodils are blooming......