Friday, February 6, 2009

My 2 boys

J began a fencing class a few weeks ago. He really, really enjoys it. If you were to ask him why he chose this sport he would tell you in a very, long and detailed response that it allows him to understand sword fighting from a different perspective thus enabling him to draw sword fighting scenes more accurately.....Oh, and because he thought it would be fun.

Good form.


Advancing.


Fancy footwork.


Taking a break.


Waiting for the green light.


In the midst of some serious foil handling.


Then you have the little guy. His needs are much simpler. Hes totally content shopping with mama. Okay, well, not really. Shopping is not really either of our strong suits, but sometimes it has to be done.

And as you can see here, he found a way to make it much more fun for himself.


I think if I would have given him one of those pillows and a blanket he totally woulda been sleeping in that box.



9 comments:

Egghead said...

Those boys keep you on your toes don't they? Fun times.

Anonymous said...

LOL...isn't shopping fun with little ones? Good for you guys, fencing is great! Kim

Danni said...

Hey, great form, J! I had fencing in school when I was in 8th grade and loved it. En garde!

And G. clearly found the best place in the store to be...I would've had a hard time not climbing in one of those cubey thingys right next to him, had I been there. :-)

Carla said...

Fencing is so cool!
I'm glad your little cutie is a good shopper. Takes all the stress out of it.

Anonymous said...

I'm suprised you didn't get in there with him, there was totally room for you both. ;)

Wow!! I am VERY impressed with J. I cannot wait to see those moves myself! :)

Country Girl said...

Very cool, my boy would love to take fencing classes. I have never heard of any local.

basicliving@backtobasicliving.com said...

Too much cuteness going on around there. J looks like a miniture professional fencer. Adorable. And G looks like too much fun. What a cutie.

linda m said...

How cute is that! Great fencing pictures!

frugalmom said...

Egghead: They SO keep me on my toes. Come evening, I am worn out.

IF: Shopping is something when you take the little ones. Depends on which time you ask me tho, if it was fun!

Farmgirl dk: There were several empty cubes available. It would have been just like having bunk beds.

CeeCee: J is really enjoying the fencing. Its great to see him out there having a good time.

farm mom: Who said I didnt get in there?! Altho I have to say getting out was much harder than climbing in. J will totally show you all the great fencing moves...hed love to.

Countrygirl: One of my friends actually brought the fencing club to my attn. It was very nice of her.

basicliving@backtobasicliving.com: Oh yeah. We have lots of fun around here. We are all about the fun.

linda m: Thanks! The boys are great. Even if they totally wear me out.