Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Rainy Days

This morning we woke up to gray skies. Not too long after it began to rain. And it was really cold. After those two 60 degree days last week, G was itching to get outside. Sadly, it wasnt gonna happen today.

What better day to pull out some crafts.

I got the basic idea from The Crafty Crow. (But then I changed it up a bit to use things I had on hand.) It is a really great blog that is a collection of many different craft ideas. A definite hot spot for days like today! I didnt have a large heart cookie cutter, so I just cut out the shape and then used it as a template for the rest of them.

Then I set G up with the hearts and some oil pastels.



He knew what to do!


So many colors to choose from.


Admiring his work.


He appears to be very pleased with it!


Naturally, we had to hang it in his room.



7 comments:

Farmer Jen said...

Very nice!

Mim said...

I love how he looks so serious in the first few pictures and then CHEESE!

Hey I see Oscar over there peekin at me. Did G notice that?

Anonymous said...

Okay, that is sooo not G. It cannot be. Did that kid grow recently? He looks all grown up, when did this happen, and how did I miss it?!?

Danni said...

It's the haircut - he's got a very big boy haircut right now. It takes away all the baby...awwwww...sniff. He looks like he had such a good time. Great thinking for a rainy day project, G's mama. :-)

sugarcreekstuff said...

I love that heart string, G did such a great job, but for some reason that last picture makes me grouchy. ;-)

Egghead said...

What a cute idea and he looks so proud. Don't you just love crafty crow? I use that site with my granddaughters. G is a doll.

frugalmom said...

Farmer Jen: He likes it! And so does his mama.

Mim: Oh yeah, Oscar is just a little bit grouchy.

Ang: NOOOO..hes not grown up. NO HE IS NOT.

Danni: He did get a haircut. At the barbershop. Stay tuned for more projects. The rainy season is fast approaching!

Michelle: Why is Miss Michelle looking grouchy, mama?

Egghead: I know. That site is great. They have so many great ideas. He was very proud of his work. he shows it to everyone when they come over.