Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Hmmmpph...Scaredy Cat.

Once upon a time, long, long ago...I was like 11 or 12. (I know you are just chompin at the bit to hear the rest of this story). I was at a good friend's house, well, she was more like my surrogate mother. Anyway, she was eating some olives and I was gagging(like a12 yr old girl would do). She proceeded to say that if I tried the olive that she would give me a buck. Well, that changed things entirely. I really needed that buck. So, I accepted the challenge. I looked at it and turned it all around and then did the whole smell test ( I can tell ya the smell was not winning me over). So, I bit into it. No, I didn't pop the whole thing in my mouth. I am not a risk taker like that. I ate half of it and pretty much on the spot decided that it was pretty gross. I should have gone with my instincts. I did not, however, spit it out. Long story short...she only gave me 50 cents. I said that was so totally unfair and she said, "Eat half, get half". Whatever.

Fast forward to now. About 20 yrs later. We had my husband's cousin here last nite and we had dinner and visited and it was great. It came to be dessert time and I had made some really great Blueberry bars that she was digging into. My husband was having his famous homemade chocolate
ice cream. I brought out the cheese curds. My neighbor had just returned home from Wisconsin and so kindly brought us some fresh dairy items. I pulled one out and his cousin asked what it was. I told her and then asked if she wanted one. No Way. That was the answer she gave. "Have you ever tried them?," I say. She says, "No." "Well go ahead, try one." "Ummm...I dont think so." "Okay, how about if I eat half and then you eat half?" "Okay." she says. Then out of nowhere she decided that she didn't just say that she would try it. "I didn't say I would try it." she said. "Yes you did." my husband and I declare.

This is what happened after that:


You see the white thing over her face? That is a paper towel. She is blocking her mouth with a paper towel so that I can't shove the cheese curd in there. Me? I am in the green. I am trying to take her down so that I can make her try this cheese. It is kinda hard to tell in this picture, but I am pretty sure that she has like 4 or 5 inches on me in the height department. I am hanging on to the counter top so that she can't like body slam me onto my kitchen floor. Needless to say, I lost. But in my defense, she is taller than me and like 12 yrs my junior, and in really great shape, and okay, I can be honest. She won.

Just wait till next time. I am not gonna let you win next time!

4 comments:

Lori Stewart Weidert said...

How long is she staying; she's gotta fall asleep sometime....

Bring her over here for sushi, oliiive giiirrrllllll.

Anonymous said...

So that's what my kitchen would like with that paint color. Seriously, the cabinets, the oven, the microwave, where they're placed and everything, it's like a carbon copy.

Anonymous said...

Ok, I made up the microwave part.

frugalmom said...

lbotp: Yeah, you and prolly everyone else in this subdivision! Except mine is green! And I love it.