Friday, April 27, 2007

TA DA

My husband's co-worker went home to Korea last week and brought me these, upon my request.



Do you know what they are? C'mon...just a guess?

Toe socks. He actually got me three different styles, but this style happens to be my favorite out of the bunch.


I am so excited. I can not even begin to tell you how happy these make me. Each toe individually gift wrapped in warm, cozy fabric. Warm and toasty all the time. They do have these in some stores here in the U.S., but they are made much differently. They are usually very juvenile in design and very, very thick. The ones from Korea are plain colors so that you can wear them with anything and the fabric is still warm, but much thinner and more comfortable.

You have to know me to understand how cold I am all the time. Just cold. I use flannel sheets all year long. Along with 2 fleece blankets and a huge quilt. Oh, and my heated mattress pad. Yeah, so just imagine my joy and sheer elation when my husband brings them home to me.

I was actually on my way out to the soccer field with my son. So, I just took them with me! What better place to try them out than on a brisk evening with a huge breeze. Out on the flatlands of the soccer field in the flat, flat Midwest.

Ahhhhh...I just love them.

Thank you, Jong, for all of the toe socks. Thay make me very happy. Even if my daughter is trying to steal them from me!

2 comments:

Danni said...

Really? I *thought* you liked these, but now I have proof. I haven't seen you wearing these lately, though. Do you still have them? :-)

my word verification is "pestri"...as in, I am pestri-ng you. :-)

frugalmom said...

Were you doing a little light reading last night? These are from forever ago. And not even nearly as funny as the ones I post now. :)

I DO still have my toe socks. In fact, I wore them to your house the first time I came out there....