Sunday, January 20, 2008

House update


I am totally amazed that in 4 days time my house is framed up. All of it. Is that insane? Next up is the plumbers and the electricians. We have walked thru and marked out where we would like to have outlets and where we would like to have the spigots outside. Pretty cool!



This is the kitchen all marked out. It sure made it easier for me to visualize what it is going to look like. Of course, its never the same as the real thing. The rectangle in the middle is the island. Where I am hoping to fit 5 barstools. All the markings on the back wall that you see are where the bottom cabinets and stove and such are going to be placed. I learned from the last house that it was too hard for me to get the window above the sink open without actually sitting in the sink. I wasnt able to reach over and have enuf ooommmph to push the window up. This time it is a casement window. All I will have to do it turn the crank. Then I can yell at the kids just fine!


This is just one of my archways into the dining room. I love the arch as opposed to the square. It somehow makes it seem cozier to me. Maybe it is the roundness in comparison to the hard corners....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looking good!! You're new place is coming along nice, frugalmom! Is it "on schedule?"

Barb H. said...

I'm not visual enough to figure anything out until I've got walls, so those blue lines on the floor look fabulous. I love archways - very classy and great for the kind of decorating you are good at! Take pictures of MY room when you can!

frugalmom said...

farm mom: Knock on wood. Yes it is on schedule. I am hopeful that it stays that way. I can not wait to have a yard again.


Me: Wow! You finally commented! I will try to remember to have your son take a pic of your room! It was so cols the day that we got these pics I am lucky to have them. My pen wouldnt even write...thats how cold it was.