Thursday, January 10, 2008

Up to speed

Yes, I have admitted before that I am not a computer whiz. I know, you would never be able to tell had I not told you, right? Some people think that since I am married to a computer genius that I therefore have the same technologies running thru my head. Or that I receive them via some kind of osmosis. Yeah, not so much!

In fact, when I started this blog I was told in no uncertain terms that he would not be helping me. He wanted me to learn how to do things on my own. I was fine with that. I was going to say that myself. I don't want you to help me. I can do it all by myself. But, I didn't. Are you kidding? I knew I was going to need some help, sometime. But, I have been persevering. I have been trying most of it out on my own. I learned how to add the pictures and I learned how to put in the links. I even have a few people who have stuck it out and actually read this blog of mine. And I ask my friends and readers questions. How to do certain things. What did I do wrong. That kinda thing.

Which leads me to my question. What the heck is a tag cloud? And what do I need it for? If I have it, then do I not need the category list on my sidebar? I mean if for nothing else...they look kinda cool. Do I need one?

3 comments:

Christy said...

I have no idea what a tag cloud is! I am also pretty basic in my computer knowledge. If blogger doesn't have a nice button to do it it isn't getting done.

frugalmom said...

Christy: Right there with ya!

Anonymous said...

I know that for my flickr acct. it just gives you a neat little visual for what you really take the most pics of etc....For a blog, I think it works the same way, but I *think* people are actually able to click on the words and link to all the posts with that tag. But, I have noticed that the tag cloud at flickr doesn't seem to show all my tags, so I'm not sure if that would be a problem with a blog. If you want people to have access to older posts, I'd use the labels list, it's easier. Not everyone may understand the cloud thing. Can you do both?