Monday, March 26, 2007

Going Bagless

Well, not really "bagless".

Here are my reusable bags I purchased so that I could avoid adding to the plastic bag consumption in this country.

I have found that these bags are quite large. So, what I used to get in about 3 or 4 of the plastic bags fits very nicely into one of my tan bags. They stand upright on their own so they are very easy to fill. And when unloaded they fold down very nicely so you can store them. They do have handles on them. I see now that it is hard to see that in this picture.

I want to add, too, that I have found that using a plastic milk crate on your trips to the store really helps. I use the milk crate to load all my canned goods into. It is very sturdy and just the right size. Also, it has handles on both sides so it is a lot easier to carry.

And this is what happens every time I go to the grocery store and use my own bags.


I have had no trouble from the cas
hiers as I once worried that I would. However, I have gone to the same cashier every time! And she remembers me now. Probably because of the bags and the bright purple milk crate.

6 comments:

Crazy Young Black Women said...

Special, you are very special. I am glad that you are enjoying your bags, they look very stylish, very you! I am surprised Gray has not tried to climb in one! Purple milk crate huh? I like it!

Mim said...

Good Job! You are inspiring! I may have to start green'in it up down here in redneck land.

Amy said...

I have been looking for bags like that. Can you tell me where you got them? I want ones that are roomy and stand on their own.

I just happened upon your blog and LOVE IT :) Swing by my corner of the frugal world sometime. It seems we have a lot in common!

frugalmom said...

Amy: Hi. Thanks for stopping by. I got the bags at www.reusablebags.com

I have only had them a few weeks, but I love them so far.

Hope you come back to visit!

Amy said...

Thanks for inspiring me. I hope you didn't think I was trying to copy your post, I couldn't find the original place that I found these. I hope you won't take offense. I am adding your link to my blog right now, I just couldn't find the original post.

Thanks for the inspiration!

frugalmom said...

Amy: Not at all. But thanks for the link! It's hard to remember where you saw what and when...there is so much stuff out there! Your site is great.