Sunday, July 8, 2007

Farmers Market Bounty


Made out great at the market...even if I had to walk with a little basket on wheels. I couldn't handle the weight of my normal market bag this week. But, lady, that didn't keep me from going!

I got some sweet corn, red potatoes, garlic scapes, tomatoes, a whole chicken, some green beans, some stone ground whole wheat flour, and some wheat berries.

My fave find...has to be the flour. She has it every week, but I normally pass it up for produce. Not this week. I gave in and decided to go for it. Now, the wheat berries? I, for some reason, think they would make great hot cereal. Am I making that up? Anyone out there really know what they are meant for?

2 comments:

Frazzled Farm Wife said...

MMMM....looks wonderful.

frugalmom said...

Frazzled Farm Wife: Yeah...its yummy.