Sunday, September 14, 2008

Home again, home again, jiggety jig

I have made it home and was welcomed with sloppy toddler kisses and tween hugs. As well as handsome husband embraces. All is right with the world when you get those time stopping hugs from your husband and you just breathe him all in.

However, there is no way I could not give a send off to my great friend and farm pal, Danni.

And you thought I was the only one who found a friend in the lumberjack. She just tried to make it seem like Roxy was the one who wanted to sit on his lap.



Okay. See the lady? Did you know you CANT pump your own gas in Oregon? What the heck? She came right up to the vehicle and totally asked how much gas you needed and then got it for you. And she seemed as tho she ENJOYED pumping the gas. Can you say spoiled? I was in awe the WHOLE time at the gas station. And Danni was worried that I wouldnt have any fun.....



I got to go the feed store. That was a great experience. We even know people on a first name basis there. I think I am getting reprimanded here for taking pictures instead of helping to pick out poultry feeders/waterers.


The beach was one of the funnest days. Our little break we decided to indulge in....a lot of relaxing and playing with Rox. I tried to tell her not to feed the birds...she never listens to me. It always starts out nicely...then they get a little worked up.....then they just seem to want to eat you whole.


Of course, taking a little time to smell the flowers is always a good idea.




Tumeric, tumeric....I know you are here somewhere. I need you for the pickles.



Dot. Sweet little Dot. Just likes to do her own thing....her own way....in her own time.....she just has to have it just so.



It was a sad day to leave and begin my travels back home. We had such a great time and did so many fun things...and laughed so, so much. But, I have to say, it made my heart full on that last day to see that I had earned my spot on the morning coffee cup set up. As you can see, it progressed quite naturally.....and even tho I drink tea, not coffee....I still have a spot. Gotta love that.




17 comments:

Danni said...

Are you kidding? The beach was one of the funnest days??! What about cutting down the slimy, scale-infested climbing vine? Or riding in the back of "manure truck"? Or getting that yellow-jacket sting on your thumb? Or when I let go of the leash too fast and it snapped back and smacked you good? Or...or...or...seriously! How can you call the beach the "funnest"??

p.s. Dude! Waaay too many pictures of the farmgirl. i'm supposed to be invisible, remember?

frugalmom said...

Danni: Thats a whole different post. The ways I got injured on the farm...or better yet...all the things that YOU did that injured me....the leash was one...oh and then there was the time that you totally pulled my hair...and then ...see what I mean...Im sure I have a whole list of em.

Most of them were total side shots...only one face on...I know there were lots of rules on posting....but I am SURE this was not one of them.:)

Lori Stewart Weidert said...

Ok, everyone's done the tell-all on the lumberjack pic...I KNOW there's a menage-a-trois pic out there somewhere.

Can hardly wait to get together and work on the TFT stuff. I mean, get all the REAL Danni gossip.

Mim said...

Welcome home. I'm sooo glad you are home and I'm sooo glad you went on this adventure.

Really you can't pump your own gas, that's the law?

Can't wait to here more about your adventure.

sugarcreekstuff said...

That lumberjack was so handsome, human nor dog could resist sittin on that lap. I'd take sloppy seconds or thirds.
I have never seen so many sale tags at the spice section before, it must have felt a bit like heaven.
Why can't you pump your own gas, did some idiot spoil the joys of pumping gas for the whole bunch?

I want to know more of Danni kicking the crap out of you, she seems so nice via computer. Give us the REAL dirt.

Danni said...

Oh, it's just so sad, however, Marcee has signed the D.O.S. (Document of Secrecy). No further Danni-dirt will be dished here.
Want to know more? You'll just hafta come see for yourself. ;-)

Pat in east TN said...

What do you say everyone ... "Road trip to Danni's!!!" LOL

Kathryn and Ari said...

Hey there, Frugal Mom!
Good to meet you. We're huge fans of Danni's and have seen you post comments on the Farm Girl Site. It was great fun reading about your adventures in Oregon, and we laughed mightily this morning when we awoke to the fully fledged wool bear discussion at Out With Ari. What fun!

frugalmom said...

Kathryn and Ari: HI! Thanks for stopping by! Im a huge fan of Danni's as well. I had a great time in Oregon...it is so beautiful there. Was pretty funny to me that you had posted that particular topic since we had just been on the front porch and had a discussion about the wooly worms!

Hope to see you more often around here.

frugalmom said...

Pat in east TN: There you go! And she loves drop in's. No need to even call first.

GreyWolf said...

Glad you made it back ok, did you manage to smuggle home any animals?
Very happy that you could make the trip and that you had so much fun. Can hardley wait for your future posts about your experiences. Especially the bat hunt, what was up with that?

Anonymous said...

Welcome home Marcee. Hope you remembered to bring back your rain slicker! ;) Thanks for sharing lots of photos of the illusive Ms D. So....recap: slave labor, daily beatings and creepy critters. LOL! At least she fed you right?

frugalmom said...

greywolf: Well, no animals that I brought home intentionally! Only because taking a donkey on board may have posed some problems. Of course, I have yet to open my suitcase...so it wouldnt surprise me in the least if Danni thought I needed some mice company at my house as well.

Carla said...

I really enjoyed your posts and hers regarding your trip out there! I'm so jealous.
I've always wanted to go on a girls only trip, but don't have any friends that can travel without family (what's up with those kinds of husbands?!). This may be the way to do that and get to meet women that I already "know".

Anonymous said...

Glad you made it home safely. It sounds like you had a really great time. Looking for the bats cracked me up after the story I told you about them here.

Amy said...

In order to find out if Danni has a tres chic hair cut I had to read your entries about your visit to Critter Farm. I see that she has an equally chic hair style! You two are peas in a pod. I have really enjoyed reading about your fun times together. Thanks for sharing.

Christy said...

You can't pump your own gas in New Jersey either. I'm so jealous of your trip! How lucky to get to visit someone so cool.