Friday, September 19, 2008

I heart shoes

So, we ran into a little glitch when we took K in to get her sports physical so that she could run in cross country. A little glitch that has lasted for just over 6 weeks. 6 weeks of practice that she could not participate in. 6 weeks of training that she missed out on.

We had 6 weeks of waiting and K standing in as "manager" of the team....and manager she was. She kept those kids in line, she kept them hydrated, and she kept them pushing on.....oh yeah, and she got to ride in the little golf cart. Who wouldnt love that.

Thursday we received the call of good news. They were finally willing to clear her physical and she could run! This was cause for a celebration in these here parts! Of course, she was at school when the good news came in. So, when she got home I told her there was something waiting on the counter for her.



Was she ever excited.


This evening then, we had to go in search of some sneakers. Running sneakers. Super fast sneakers. Crazy fast sneakers.....

But of course, you cant go in a shoe store with 2 tween girls(okay, really with anyone) (okay, maybe not your husband) and just look at what you are after,
right? I mean, cmon, we ARE talking about shoes here. Who doesnt love shoes? (Did I mention that we went out after sneakers? Crazy fast sneakers?)(Cuz I dont believe I got even one shot of her sneakers. Her super fast sneakers.)

7 comments:

Danni said...

OMG, I so LOVE shoes. Really glad I wasn't there with you guys. Although, I would've gotten some AWESOME shots of YOU trying on super cool shoes. :-)
I'm so happy everything's working out for K. Tell her those floral sneaks are cute, too.

Pat in east TN said...

Hurray that K got the OK!!

Going to the shoe store for only ONE pair of shoes ... certainly you were kidding!!! Some neat shoes in the pictures ...

Mim said...

Congrats K! I, personally, would have remained the manager. Riding in a golf cart sounds fun and I'm not so fond of the running. But you go girl. Run, run, run!

Christy said...

I love those speckly high tops. Where did you get those?

Carla said...

Congrats K!! You go girl!

I, too, love shoes! We got a new store down here called Shoe Warehouse. Sounds tacky, but I think it has every pair of shoes ever made in it!

As a kid I loved shoes because they made me run faster or look like a grown up. Now I love them because I can try them on and not have a discussion with myself about losing a few pounds so I can fit in to them. Shoes are like dogs, they don't judge you and the 3 donuts you ate for breakfast. :)

Anonymous said...

Yay K! So glad you got the okay. You look in them shoes baby! :)

frugalmom said...

Thanks for all the congratulations! K has ran in two races thus far and seems to LOVE it. YAY!