Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Big (boy oh boy) changes

We have lotsa stuff going on these days. We are busy bees around here. Planting, digging, getting dirty, and the biggest of all, growing up. (As sad as it makes the mama)

Enter, stage front. G's door to his room.



Look to the right. An ordinary crib. Topped with blankets and a couple little pillows. A rocking chair where we read his books and talk in little whispers.


To the left. We have A BIG BOY BED. Did you hear me? I said a big boy bed. In case you are wondering...no, I am not ready.

5 comments:

Danni said...

Awwwww....Now I can see where the little guy tumbled out before you got that little rail put up.
Did he put those stickers up on his door himself?

He was sooo proud to tell me ("Miss Danni/Aunt Danni") about his big boy bed...and all the silence in between all my questions...I could just "hear" him nodding his head in response to my questions! lol

So, when do I get introduced to the rest of the family? It's probably time for them to meet the person who Grayson has added to the family? :-)

frugalmom said...

Danni: He did put those up! They are actually just pictures cut out of wrapping paper that we stuck some tape on the back. He loves them tho. He talks to them when we are getting ready for bed. It is for sure time...thought maybe Id give you a little bit of time to warm up to the idea of being a new "auntie"!

Anonymous said...

Awww....they grow up fast, don't they mamma? I'm longing for the big boy (and girl, really) beds myself. We do the family bed thing, not really what we had intended, but I've got one with night terrors and another wandering insomniac!! :/

Mim said...

He's growing up Mom, He's growing up Mom, He's growing up Mom. Please can he grow up Mom. Sorry after spending a few days with him his insistence has rubbed off. LOL

frugalmom said...

farm mom: We had one who had night terrors. It was awful. A full year of it....ugh. I feel for you.

mim: His persistence....yes, he seems to have that!