Friday, July 18, 2008

Vacation 1.0

We had a great time on our vacation. Even if it happened to rain pret'near the entire time. This is what we saw for the 4 days that we were in "sunny" Florida. From our room and from our car!


Speaking of our car. We rented a Toyota Prius.


Have you ever driven one of those? Okay, so I didnt actually drive. I rode. But still, it was pretty George Jetson to me. There wasnt even a key really. It was like this little card type thing that you put in a slot and then you pushed a button to start the car. No turning of the key. Just push a button. And then push another button to make sure the car was in park. There was a little gear shift looking device that served as your shifter, but the weird thing was that it didnt actually stay in the gear you put it in. You moved it to the gear and then it popped back after it changed you to drive or whatever. I am so not ready for all this.

Here...it has a rear sonar device that beeps as you back up and it has a camera, too, so that you can see what is behind you. (This I would probably use. Maybe could have avoided that garbage can that one time....)


And this? This is the control panel of the car. It is like a touch pad screen. Reminds me of a cash register at a fast food joint. Pretty high tech stuff!


Anyway, there was a lot of relaxing and reading and napping. (For sure there was no frolicking or rolicking) I kinda like the 4 pm nap tho. If only I could figure out a way to make that into my day now that I am home!




3 comments:

Danni said...

Oh fun! Sorry about the rain, but it sounds like you had fun despite it. I'm wondering if I could order french fries on that touch screen control panel.

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

Yeh, rain is pretty common there this time of year. We've got our monsoon season right now and it rains up here every evening which means cooler weather each night, often in the low 50's...brrr.
But I bet it didn't cool off there when it rained, eh?

Hey I like that car's rear sonar device. Now that is useful!

But I couldn't help but laugh at the touchpad. Is it just me or does that picture in the upper left corner remind you of someone on a log conveyor belt getting ready to be split by the round saw blade??? Aggghhh!

hahaha. Ok, maybe I do have a twisred sense of humor. :)

frugalmom said...

Danni: No fries, but Im pretty sure I made a long distance call...

twinville: Can't say that I saw that until you mentioned it! The rain for sure did not cool things off...just made it really sticky.