Friday, July 4, 2008

straight from the mouths of mamas and dads

The backdrop of the story goes something like this:

It is appx 10:40 pm

I am sitting on the couch.(Okay, actually half slouching, half laying) Engaging in my normal not wanting to move from my cozy spot routine. Stretching my arms and legs just a little bit longer...

S is already up and moving towards the laundry room to lock doors and turn off lights.

Me: Whose morning is it to get up?

S: (Very fast like) Yours.

Me: Are you sure? I was thinking it was yours. Didn't I just get up?

S: (I can see the wheels just a turnin) I have Sunday. That means you have Friday.

Me: Oh. (Looking at him and sending him telepathic messages to say that I really think thats a bad idea. Friday, how did I end up with Friday anyway?)

S: I can take Friday if you want me to. I dont mind.

Me: (Hey, that mind stuff really works) No, no. I got it. Thats okay. Thanks tho.

Then I get up from my super cozy spot and head towards the kids bedrooms to poke my head in and check on sleeping angels. All good on the homefront. I move along to get myself ready for bed. I fall fast asleep so that I am ready to awake in the morn. It is Friday after all. My morn to get up with the little bundle of energy, otherwise known as G.

5 comments:

Danni said...

But wait! Who has Saturday??!!

frugalmom said...

Danni: Well Sat is a free for all, of course. Whatever happens, happens! Yeah, right. Sat is my day to sleep in. Which doesnt happen all the time because that also happens to be the day of the infamous farmers market. Sometimes I cant resist the urge to get up and go.

Lori Stewart Weidert said...

Wait. 10:40 p.m.? You're up until 10:40 p.m.? Isn't that something like 3 hours past your bedtime?

I can hardly make it past 10 these days. Whoda thunk we'd see the day where I can sleep you under the table.

frugalmom said...

gnightgirl: I know, can you believe it? I have even seen the face of Letterman. Member when I could never make it till then..I always fell asleep on the couch...and you were up FOREVER.

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

Oh my! I remember those days with my twin babies like it was yesterday.
Thankfully my hubby has a pretty weak short-term memory even though his long term memory is perfect.(try him on anything history related, though) haha!

I hope you had a wonderful Saturday!!