Saturday, July 19, 2008

Vacation 1.2

After all that jungle trekking we were lucky enuf to still get a few more hours of sun. We took full advantage of the sun and decided to take a dip in the pool.

This is a new sign since the last time we were at the inn. It seemed that this time every person, aside from us, that was at the inn had at least one dog with them. If not more. The inn only has 5 units. It is a little family run place. We really like it there because they are super friendly and offer lots of little things that the bigger places do not.



Anyway, Im getting totally off track. We swam for a little bit and then grabbed our books and decided to take it easy on the lounge chairs for a bit. There were 3 lounge chairs, mind you. And by lounge chair, I mean the kind that you can lay out on fully flat if you wish. There were other types of chairs, but I wanted to lay in a lounge chair. I also wanted to lay in the lounge chair that was partially in the sun. S took one chair in the partial sun. This left one more in the dappled sunlight and one fully in the sun. I head over to the chair that I want and look who decides they want to sit in it. Heyyyyyy, I whine. Thats my chair. I called it. She is not caring. AT ALL.




I decide at this point that it would be a good idea to just sit in the chair that I want. We can share, right? Its not hard to share. Her idea of sharing is not the same as mine. She let me have like a corner of the chair.



Oh, look. I have room for A leg to lounge on the chair. One leg. At this point I am half on the chair and half off. Scoot over, I say. Scoot it over. At some point she decides that I am okay and there is really no reason to take up the whole chair. She moves over and at least now I can fit both legs on the chair.


Do you see my pretty painted toes? My toes are very seldom painted. I can probably count on one hand the number of times I have painted my toes. AND 2 of those times S actually painted them for me. Isnt he so sweet. This time it was hmm...raining...and he offered to paint my toesies...okay, so he didnt actually offer. I asked him to. But still. He was flattered that I asked him and he said he would just love to. The first time he painted them was when I was 9 full months of pregnant with G. I was due to go in for a C section the next day and he knew I was feeling a little anxious and nervous. He asked if I would like him to paint my toes. Paint my toes, I say? I would LOVE that. Considering I havent actually seen my toes in like 2 months....And they looked just lovely. Once I delivered G and was able to see them again!

I offered to paint his while we were on vacation too, but he very gentleman like declined my offer.

2 comments:

Danni said...

I think S. would have agreed to the toe-painting if you had offered him a more manly color, say....indigo, possibly? Black is a bit too trendy, all the famous guys are wearing it, so S. would probably stay away from that. As a second option, perhaps a dark purple...you know, the kind they sometimes paint the really cool muscle cars. He might have gone for that. Wait, what color is the logo on his new GPS...probably a metallic gray...you would have won him over for sure with that color!

I'm not really speaking to what you probably wanted me to comment on, am I? Sorry.
Ahem, I love the dog...nice of him/her to share the chair with you - that first pic of him is a crack up....little head in his paws.
And your toes look wonderful. Sounds a bit frolicking to me, though. I knew you guys frolicked!

frugalmom said...

Danni: Well dang, it was all about the color, huh? I didnt even think about him not liking the color. Ill make sure to keep that in mind for next time!